Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest,
Blogger, Foursquare, Quora, Spotify, Tumblr, Path, Slideshare, Yammer...
Social Media is in the air and it's crystal-clear Content Marketing is where the action is now. Digital marketers worldwide strive hard to keep up with the cyclical demand for quality content.
I've put down a few points in AdMedia to help businesses leverage maximum benefit from branded content. If you use digital technology to promote your brand, I hope you find value in this article:
Holistic Content Management: Mastering the Content Marketing Loop - in 7 Steps
Here's your FREE eBook: How to Feed the Content Beast created by the amazing Curata.
As a content marketer, you know that having, fresh, relevant content is the key to your success. Marketers now have to think like publishers - we have shifted our thinking from outbound to inbound but GOOD content takes time.
In this ebook, you'll learn how to balance and blend the two halves of content marketing - creation and curation (with a foreword by Ann Handley.) - Download free ebook here. And if you're still curious about Content Curation, here are some more free eBooks.
Well... now you know all about Content Marketing, here's what not to do:
Success is always a team effort. For this Content Marketing article, I owe Many Thanks to:
- David Gapes, Editor, AdMedia - NZ's leading advertising magazine
- Chris Grimstone, award-winning Art Director, AdMedia NZ
- Pawan Deshpande, CEO, Curata, for sharing his eBook with me
- Joe Pulizzi and the clever people at Content Marketing Institute who inspire me with their passion for all things content. I recommend subscribing to their newsletter.
- Dee Trivedi for her amazing support in content curation and research
Links to my previous articles:
Notes: The business logic behind Content Marketing (CM):
- Quality Content > creates Brand Engagement > leads to Consumer Intent to buy/ recommend. Think Content before Intent > Creative Expressions before Online Impressions.
- My CM Mantra: Create with passion. Market strong. Add value to others. Can't go wrong!
Excerpts from my Q&A with Jeff Bullas in Sydney - Top Tips on Content Creation
- Really liked this piece by Michael Brenner on B2C: The Content Marketing Bucket List
- Excellent post by Krista LaRiviere: Why an Optimized Content Strategy is Crucial for Social and Search
- Good one by Carla Johnson/ CMSwire: Content Marketing: Know Why. Start with Why.
- An authoritative and informative presentation from Lee Odden
Social Media & Content Marketing - An Optimized Approach #OptimizeBook from TopRank Online Marketing
Cutest [Infographic] by Iain Calvert on Google Panda & Penguin updates to their search algorithm: